In these half-day workshops (8.30-12.00 am and 1.00-4.30 pm) we highlight a specific HPLC-topic very intensive (group work, exercises, question-answer-games). The workshops are suited perfectly for experienced HPLC-users. Different workshops can of course be arbitrary combined, however some topics fit very well together, e.g. in the morning „Comparison and selection of HPLC-RP-columns“ and in the afternoon „Which gradient should I use?” or in the morning „Intelligent method development“ and in the afternoon „How to prove robustness“ etc. Participants can in principle attend only the morning-workshop or only the afternoon-workshop as well or of course both.
- Development of robust HPLC-methods
- Tips und hints how to prove the peak-homogeneity
- Tips for successful method transfers
- Testing/verification of robustness in HPLC
- Correct integration and correct evaluation of chromatographic data
- Choosing the „right“ eluent
- HPLC in pharmaceutical companies
- Such a way you get the optimal output from your HPLC/UHPLC
- Typical errors during sample separation
- A special, tailor-made workshop!
Development of robust HPLC-methods – „that´s” the way!
- Method development under time pressure
- Proven/successful combinations of column/mobile phase/pH-value
- Tests to prove column stability – basic requirements for a robust routine method
Tips und hints how to prove the peak-homogeneity
- Quick tests in absence of LC-MS-coupling
- What is „best“? DAD, LC/MS/MS, less injection volume or a polar pre-column?
- Tests for the optimum “benefit-cost-ratio” – the “5-min method”
Tips for successful method transfers
- Typical organisational and analytical errors during method transfer
- „Do´s und dont´s“-list to avoid future trouble
- Review of real cases
“Testing“/verification of robustness in HPLC
- What is crucial but has been often „forgotten“ during testing robustness?
- Hints how to realize lack of robustness by carefully reading the method description
- Schemes and plans to test robustness dependent to the characteristics of the method and the matrix
Correct integration and correct evaluation of chromatographic data
- Poor resolution, „snippy“ peaks close to LOQ and/or drifting baseline – how to integrate correct, e. g: drop, „valey to valey“, tangential or exponential skim?
- Which chromatographic parameters and which software settings affect how strong peak area, peak shape and LOD/LOQ?
- What does mean a „too“ small RSD and what should be the consequence? Is this value a usual deviation or an outlier?
Choosing the „right“ eluent – incl. gradient elution (mobile phase in detail plus a little bit gradient)
- How to quickly find the appropriate composition of the mobile phase and of the right pH-value dependent on the analyte or the real aim of the method?
- When methanol, when acetonitril, when, which pH-value (and buffer)?
- Exercises for optimization and troubleshooting of gradient runs
HPLC in pharmaceutical companies; specific requirements und tips for the daily work
- System Suitability Test, SST; what, how, how often – requirements und reality
- Which guidelines are clear and which are “interpretable”? News and trends by the FDA, USP, ICH, Pharm.Eur.
- Which claims are for the authorities very important, where lies the emphasis by the tests?
Such a way you get the optimal output from your HPLC/UHPLC
- HPLC vs. UHPLC: Benefits and drawbacks in the daily work
- Why do some modern columns in modern equipments sow a bad performance? Typical hardware-pitfalls
- Pro´s and Con´s of binary and ternary pumps, pre-heater or heat exchanger capillary etc. What are really the major/particular differences of modern HPLC/UHPLC-equipment?
Typical errors during sample separation
- Lost of analyte during the sample preparation procedure – the main reasons
- Kind of diluent and solving handling – their influence on peak shape, number of peaks and the reproducibility of the peak area
- How to avoid errors by preparing the mobile phase
Your HPLC-method(s) in the focus of your in-house-training!
We prepare a custom-made workshop in which your methods are in focus – up to 4 methods per ½ -day workshop. Considering your whishes in the training we focus on sample preparation (method A), or/and optimization (method B), or/and integration (method C)…We support you, so that method becomes more robust, this one faster and in the third case you can save a lot of mobile phase by changing just few things.
The progress of the workshop is really individual, this particular training is based on your aim, e. g:
- You´d like to come to optimized methods – incl. hand-on in your lab at your HPLC-equipment? We work with you in your lab!
- You´d like to convert a 30-40 min. method to a in 5-10 min robust method with no or litlle revalidation work? Do you like to use your UHPLC really as „UHPLC“?
- You´d like to learn how to find an alternative, more robust column for these particular compounds? We bring a numerous of columns to try them out with you in your lab.